Blood Pact: Demonology 101

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Heyro on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 3:36 am

Blood Pact is your weekly warlock digest brought to you by Dominic Hobbs. "The time has come! Gul'dan, order your Warlocks to double their efforts! Moments from now, the gateway will open and your Horde will be unleashed on this ripe, unsuspecting world." ~ Medivh

You might think that you could always tell a demonology warlock on sight, it's minions being bigger and more powerful, to reflect his greater dominion of demons. This isn't really the case though, every warlock's minions look the same irrespective of build. If they are over level 50 then they become easier to spot as you'll find that they'll have a felguard following them about. To be fair, he is bigger and more powerful than all the other minions.

If you're drawn to demonology so that you can summon a greater variety of demons, or maybe more exotic ones like those beastmastery hunters, then you're going to be somewhat disappointed. You'll have and use the same demons until you learn to summon the felguard then you'll have him. That said, the demonologist has an array of talents that really amplify your minion's power and also boosts your own by drawing on the power of your demon. If it is synergy with an embodiment of evil ripped from the nether that you are looking for, then this is the place for you.

Demonology benefits

All warlocks are essentially a full group all on their own, but this is never more true than for the demonologist. Your summoned demon is better able to tank and you are better able to keep them alive all while you beat the hell out of whatever gets in your way. While the demo lock has to kill things fast and the afflock kills things slowly you just wander through whatever comes along and rip it apart - be it a pack of annoyances or a massive elite that is supposed to need three people to kill.

Demonology drawbacks

While the demon becomes your strongest asset it is also your weakest link. Without them you are very exposed having not only lost their power and abilities (such as getting hit for you) but your own abilities are diminished by their absence. Management of the minion to keep it alive is a large part of playing a demonology lock. As well as this, any raid boss that gives a buff to the raid typically forgets to buff the minions, so you lose out on your total DPS gain there.

Stats to look for

As ever, hit is vital when taking on any creatures of a higher level then yourself (such as bosses) -- this makes it the biggest DPS gaining stat until it is capped. Unlike affliction there are no plus-hit talents in the demonology tree, so you'll be looking to gear all the way.

After hit it's all about the spell power. This has three main benefits; it gives you a big damage bonus to your spells, it boosts the damage output of your minion and it improves the potency of then Demoic Pact buff (when you get that). Beyond that, spirit is good as it also boosts spell power and haste is about as good as SP at boosting your personal DPS.

Stats to avoid

As with all warlock builds, you don't need melee or regeneration stats. You're summoned demon will not gain from any increase in your attack power, even if they are a melee demon, they feed off your spell power.

Leveling as demonology

Demonology is a solid build to level with though I find that you're minions are typically fine with whatever you throw at them in whichever spec you go with. Once you get to level 50 and open up that felguard then things become much easier for the demo lock. He really is a leveling monster.

Generally you will spend most of your time sending in your tank (voidwalker or felguard) and blasting away. This is very similar to affliction but as demonology you should be able to do more damage without pulling aggro and your minion will be able to take more of a pounding.

Your basic demonology rotation

To the right you can see a basic flow of spell casting priority for raiding with demonology. There's not a great deal about managing your minion in there so if you need to do more than simply tell him to attack the target then you will have to fit that in. You wall see that after ensuring your Glyph of Life Tap buff is active the next thing you should do is ensure that Demonic Empowerment is up. This is instant cast and does not trigger the GCD, so I have it as part of a macro on all my main-nuke spells; like this:
#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/cast Demonic Empowerment
/cast Shadow Bolt
Obviously you can also add in any other bits there to trigger trinkets etc.

Whenever Metamorphosis is available pop it and trigger Immolation Aura. Now, that is assuming the fight is consistent throughout, it's a whole art form to making sure you pop Meta at the optimal time but try and get as many uses of it as you can during the fight.

Curse of Doom is your main curse but if the target isn't going to last long enough to have it trigger then you can swap to Curse of Agony. CoD is only a slight DPS increase over CoA but it's a lot easier to maintain.

Finally, you have three main nuke abilities, Soul Fire for when Decimation is active, Incinerate for when Molten Core is active (but Decimation isn't) and Shadow Bolt for all other times. It can be hard to keep track of when these buffs are up. I use TellMeWhen but Power Auras Classic can also be used.

Blood Pact: Demonology 101, Part 2

Typical PvE talent setup

Above is an image of the raid build I would recommend but there are many optional points spent there. Here's a link to it and below is a breakdown of each talent.

Example demonology raid build.

Talent overview

Affliction talents:
Suppression - Typically not taken with demonology builds but is an option if you are really struggling for hit from gear.
Demonology talents:
Improved Healthstone - As this doesn't give any direct or inferred DPS gain it is often left out however I feel it's a great talent that has saved lives and wipes. Take it as an optional.
Improved Imp - You won't be summoning your imp except to have someone to argue with, so don't improve him (he might win).
Demonic Embrace - More stamina is always good, it keeps you alive, keeps your pet alive and gives you something to tap.
Fel Synergy - This is a great talent for keeping that minion on his feet. One or two points is fine depending on what else you want to go for.
Improved Health Funnel - If you're soloing group quests or farming mounts then this is a good talent, but it should have no place in a raiding build.
Demonic Brutality - More hurt from the hurty-monster. All good.
Fel Vitality - Good in it's own right but also works nicely with Demonic Knowledge
Improved Succubus - As with the imp, you won't be needing this.
Soul Link - Huge survivability gain for a single point. Always worth having.
Fel Domination - Very popular talent and can help out in a pinch. It is optional though as it's not a DPS gain unless your minion dies and this shouldn't happen.
Demonic Aegis - Very powerful talent, get this one.

Unholy Power - Again, beefing up the beefcake.
Master Summoner - As with fel Domination, this will help get your minion back on his feet if something goes wrong. Have them both and you can get a summon in under a second, but better to save the points and keep him alive.
Mana Feed - An optional point, not completely wasted but often not needed. Can be very handy for solo work.
Master Conjuror - What used to be a terrible talent is so good now. Spend these points.
Master Demonologist - The core of demonology to my mind. Get this.
Molten Core - A talent that adds both complexity and a decent amount of damage.
Demonic Resilience - PvP thing, leave it alone.
Demonic Empowerment - A worthwhile damage boost.
Demonic Knowledge - Allows you to 'double-dip' on raid buffs. Lovely!
Demonic Tactics - Straight damage gain as well as increased Demonic Pact uptime.
Decimation - This is the execution talent. When the target is below 35% health the fun starts.
Improved Demonic Tactics - Optional talent that slightly increases minion damage and Demonic Pact uptime.
Summon Felguard - You weren't gonna leave this guy behind were you?
Nemesis - Shorter cooldowns equals more chance to use them.
Demonic Pact - damage boost and an awesome raid buff that will have caster DPS singing your praises and healers ensuring you always survive.
Metamorphosis - Illidan in a can -- sweet!
Destruction talents:
Improved Shadow Bolt - You will be casting a lot of Shadow Bolts so this is a nice boost to it. The mages will love you to, for whatever that is worth.
Bane - Huge gain to key spells. Essential.
Ruin - Always a powerful spell, if less so for demo than destro.
Intensity - Completely optional but some prefer to have the pushback resistance,
Destructive Reach - Although the range is a marginal bonus as you need to be closer for Corruption and curses it can come in handy, especially if you do get threat capped.

Gems

For a meta use the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond. Unfortunately this needs two blue gems so make sure you have a couple Purified Dreadstone at all times. With that in mind and if the socket bonus is a load of spell power (head and chest items for example) then feel free to gem for the bonus, matching colors as below. Otherwise, just put pure spell power gems all the way.
Blue socket - Spell power and spirit
Red socket - Pure spell power
Yellow socket - Spell power and haste
Some people gem for haste beyond socket bonuses; while there's no denying that haste is a great stat for personal DPS it isn't better than spell power and doesn't boost the Demonic Pact bonus to the group.

Glyphs

A lot of warlock glyph information can be found in a previous Blood Pact: Warlock glyphs to use, ignore or to dream for. Typical setup for endgame demonology would be:
Life Tap
Quick Decay
Felguard
Enchants for the endgame
Head - Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
Shoulders - Greater Inscription of the Storm (or Master's Inscription of the Storm for scribes)
Back - Greater Speed (or Lightweave Embroidery for tailors)
Chest - Powerful Stats
Wrist - Superior Spellpower (or Fur Lining - Spell Power for leatherworkers)
Hands - Exceptional Spellpower (or Precision if under hit cap, or Hyperspeed Accelerators for engineers)
Legs - Brilliant Spellthread
Feet - Icewalker or Tuskarr's Vitality
Rings - Greater Spellpower
Weapon - Mighty Spellpower or Greater Spellpower for a staff

Don't forget to add extra gem sockets where you can (waist for all, wrist and hands for blacksmiths).
Heyro
Administrator
Administrator

Glasses : 35059
Standing : 394

http://www.deezer.com/profile/750437615

Back to top Go down

Re: Blood Pact: Demonology 101

Post by Hivetyrant on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 3:50 am

The picture is awesome and relevant.

Whenever my Demo specced warlock enters any group it's always "Demonology lol"

Makes me sad in pants :(

Back on topic though, a very thorough and informative guide, not just because it has pics and I can't read dem fancy word-a-jigs
Hivetyrant

Glasses : 18
Standing : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyMotorola on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:07 am

Optec's Demonology Guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieGnHENE7JQ
TonyMotorola

Glasses : 6
Standing : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Poggg on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:08 am

"Improved Shadow Bolt - You will be casting a lot of Shadow Bolts so this is a nice boost to it. The mages will love you to, for whatever that is worth."

Mages? Loving WARLOCKS? What kind of bizarro universe was this article written in?
Poggg

Glasses : 13
Standing : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydtsdk on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:12 am

Mage/lock "love" is "my water elemental won't eat your felguard's face until AFTER the boss dies".
Clydtsdk

Glasses : 10
Standing : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:13 am

Don't be silly, ever since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, Summoned Daemons have been superior to Water Elementals.

*remembers some "Oh sh*t" moments where 5-6 Daemons come rolling on over your base in dial-up modem games*
Felix

Glasses : 34
Standing : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Thebvp on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:14 am

My favorite part about Demonology is that there are all sorts of little tricks that encourage you to know the encounter to get the best use out of the spec. Most of these revolve around knowing when to press the Illidan button. You could probably write an entire article on this. Both destro and affliction are pretty bland by comparison. If you're getting tired of the monotony of either spec (especially destro, which is just nuke nuke nuke), I highly recommend Demonology.

Demo is also the only spec where your portal really shines. Create port, Illidan up, charge in, aoe everything to hell, port out when demo form is up, win.
Thebvp

Glasses : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thebvp on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:14 am

Oh and Demo spec brings all the mages to the yard. They will love you for it. True story.

But wait... who wants a bunch of smelly mages drooling all over you? Nevermind. Back to Affliction.
Thebvp

Back to top Go down

Post by DominicHobbs on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:16 am

Your affliction spec still has ISB does it not?
Back to destro for you.
DominicHobbs

Glasses : 20
Standing : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Billytalent on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:17 am

Another thing about demo spec that I think should be mentioned is that I've found it to be a huge mana hog compared to afflic and destro, you'll be life tapping much more.
Billytalent

Glasses : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by viperbond on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:18 am

Based on EJ's mathcraft, 0/56/15 is a better DPS build than your 0/55/16 build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZ0GchkAbihsgdAoE00V:onT

Your build may be built for leveling though as I notice you have the LT talent.
viperbond

Back to top Go down

Post by DominicHobbs on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:20 am

Oh Viper, you know me better than that, of course I tested the numbers.
:oP

While the 0/56/15 build is more DPS than the one I list we're talking less than a single percentage point. All of that comes from the extra point in IDT. It also gas an extra 2% uptime of DP but I think that uptime will normalise in 3.3.3. You can argue the toss over putting the point in IDT or Destructive Reach, I think that 0.8% DPS doesn't match up against the utility the reach.

That said, they are both strong specs and should both punch out numbers. I like the one I list because as well as being right up there in the raid stakes it has the utility of IHS and the solo benefits of Mana feed. The sacrifice is the 'summoning in a hurry' talents that to my mind shouldn't be needed. Minions these days are bomb-proof (though not 100% fool-proof).

Now go link this post somewhere so I get more hits that Belt.
/lick
DominicHobbs

Back to top Go down

Post by viperbond on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:21 am

Haha, yes, I shoulda known better. :)

0/56/15 has 3/3 MC though which increases SF damage, so 3/3 is pretty big (rather than 1/3). Soul Fire is usually 35%-40% of my total damage done for a fight though which is a lot considering you only cast it for 35% of the fight AND you have other spells going off at the same time. Then again I'm in 4/4 Sanctified and specs can vary quite a bit depending on gear.

My pet also never runs out of mana, so I don't see the need for Mana Feed. That could just be due to replen though.

By the way, thanks for this post. You managed to make me feel like the biggest idiot ever since I realized that I haven't had Demonic Empowerment on my bars since sometime in ToGC. Uuuuuugh. *epic facepalm*
viperbond

Back to top Go down

Post by DominicHobbs on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:21 am

Ok, you had me confused there for a minute - turns out I flubbed the link and it didn't match the image (which was the one I meant).
Fixed now.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll join you in that facepalm now.
DominicHobbs

Back to top Go down

Post by DominicHobbs on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:22 am

FWIW, I ran the messed up link spec (with 1/3 MC) through SimulationCraft 10k iterations and it has almost 5% less DPS. That's how wrong I got it.

Always check links kids.
DominicHobbs

Back to top Go down

Post by viperbond on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:22 am

Ah, much better. Yeah, that 1 extra point in IDT isn't going to make much of a difference.

I still like my build best though for a couple of reasons:

* Improved Reach: your affliction spells are still 30 yards, so even if your Destruction spells have a bigger range, you still have to stand nearly on top of the boss like an idiot (I hate that).

* Uber Summon: even though I manage my pet well, he still sometimes dies. Without a Felguard, Demo locks are basically worthless and having that instant summon saves you ~8 seconds having to cast him (and not being able to move!). It's great for those "oh shit" moments.
viperbond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thebvp on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:24 am

Yes, but no insane SP buff that makes them drool all around the instance! Hey there, Mr. Mage, where'd you leave that jaw of yours? Oh, wait, it's back with Marrowgar!

Oh man... it's late in the day, 10 minutes left of work, been moving all weekend. Help me out here! ;)
Thebvp

Back to top Go down

Post by Гость on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:25 am

It was said your melee minions won't benefit from your ap. What about the melee buffs mine usually get, might/ horn of winter and such?
Гость

Back to top Go down

Post by BobChaos on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:28 am

I just wish that they would let warlocks "resummon" a demon (or whatever other rationalization they need) to allow us to change the names. I am not asking to be able to choose the names, just re-randomize them.

Why? My warlock is permanently stuck at 66, I just don't care to play her. I picked an orc for the racial damage bonus, picked demonlogy spec, loved every demon name up till my Felguard.

"Blagshril"...um, right.

I switched her to destruction, to ignore the problem, but its just not the same, and now I play a warrior. Sigh.

Blizz, please just let us re-randomize the names, a "banish and resummon" scroll/mission chain, or some such thing. Hunters get a rename scroll, no actual reason they couldnt let us do it, and I might be able to stomach playing my poor, neglected 'lock, no longer saddled with a felguard named after the sound dying bagpipes make.
BobChaos

Glasses : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Avan on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:29 am

I've heard stories of a warlock named Benafflock with a minion named Mattdemon, so it should be possible.
Avan

Back to top Go down

Post by Heyro on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 5:02 am

Cataclysm Stat & System Changes Revealed

As promised in the Twitter developer chat, we now have a complete breakdown of how the stats and systems of the World of Warcraft will be changing with the release of Cataclysm. This information is absolutely essential to nearly everyone playing, and should be required reading for anyone raiding.

There are too many points to summarize in a neat list. So instead, over the next few days you'll be hearing from our columnists on how these changes are going to impact individual classes and specs. But, that shouldn't stop you from spending 15 minutes and reading through the entire list; the game's basic stats are becoming very very different.

A few of the more major points:
Stamina -- Non-plate wearers will have a lot more.
Spirit -- Only found on healing gear.
Intellect -- Grants spell power.
MP5 -- Gone completely.
Spell power -- Only on weapons, and just to make them clearly a caster item.
Attack power -- Gone on most items.
Parry -- No longer provides 100% avoidance and no longer speeds up attack.
Resilience -- Only affects player damage and player crit damage, no impact on crit chance, mana drains, etc...
Block Value -- Gone, 30% passive block value now when wearing a shield.
Weapon Skill -- Gone completely.
Gem Color -- Few stats changing. Hit will likely become a blue gem (it's yellow now).
Defense -- Gone, becomes dodge, parry, or block rating.
Reforging -- You'll be able to reforge gear to customize your stats -- 50% of stat X can become stat Y. Restrictions apply (no Stamina->Strength, for instance).
Eyonix also says more information on mastery is coming in the future. The entire summary after the break.

From Eyonix:

As many of you know from panels at last year's BlizzCon and posts here on the forums since then, Cataclysm will bring about major changes to familiar character stats such as Intellect, Armor Penetration, Defense, and others, ultimately designed to make the effects of stats more easily understandable and make gear choices more interesting. As these changes will have a significant impact on how stats work and relate to one another, today we wanted to offer you a closer look at exactly what's in store and explain some of the rationale before Cataclysm arrives.

The most obvious question these changes raise is "Why are stats being changed, and why now?" As the game has matured, we've run into increasingly complex issues with the current stat system. Many stats are inherently confusing, and the way they interrelate can feel convoluted. Attack Power, for example, currently translates to damage, but so does Armor Penetration. Defense provides five different statistical benefits of varying utility. Mana regeneration involves understanding multiple stats and rules and often ends up being irrelevant anyway. In addition, the difference between a "good stat" for a class and a "bad stat" can be extreme. Some casters want Haste but not Crit; hunters want Armor Penetration but not Haste. There are other overarching issues, as well, such as Intellect not being very exciting for casters despite it being a core stat -- and these are just a few examples.

Our ultimate goal is make gear a more interesting (and less confusing) choice by making each stat valuable to more players. While the reasoning behind some of the following changes may be clear, we understand that you may have questions about some of the less obvious alterations, and we'll do our best to answer any questions you may have here on the forums.

What You'll See on Gear

Stamina - Because of the way we will be assigning Strength, Agility, and Intellect, non-plate wearers will end up with more Stamina than before. Health pools will be much closer between plate-wearers and other classes.

Spirit - Come Cataclysm, this stat should only be found on healing gear. Non-healing casters will have other systems in place to regenerate mana, and we are designing special solutions for Elemental shaman and Balance druids who often share gear with healers (more on this below). Raid buffs that currently boost Spirit (such as Blessing of Kings) will only boost the primary stats of Stamina, Strength, Agility, and Intellect. We are also likely changing the five-second rule and other quirks of the current regen system.

Intellect - Intellect will now grant Spell Power (more on this below). Intellect will also provide less mana than it currently does.

Haste - Haste will become more attractive for melee classes by allowing them to recover resources such as energy and runes more quickly. Our intention is for Haste to let you "do stuff" more often.

Block Rating - Block is being redesigned to scale better. Blocked attacks will simply hit for 30% less damage. Block rating will improve your chance to block, though overall block chances will be lower than they are today.

Parry - Parry no longer provides 100% avoidance and no longer speeds up attacks. Instead, when you parry an attack, it and the next attack will each hit for 50% damage (assuming they hit at all). In other words, Dodge is a chance to avoid 100% of the damage from one attack, Parry is a chance to avoid 50% of the damage from two attacks, and Block is a chance to avoid 30% of the damage from one attack.

Mastery - This is a new stat that will allow players to become better at whatever makes their chosen talent tree cool or unique. It's directly tied to talents, so what you gain from improving this stat is entirely dependent upon your class and the talent specialization you choose. We'll talk more about specific Mastery benefits in the future.

Armor - The way Armor mitigates damage is not changing, but the Armor stat has been rebalanced to mirror changes to the armor curve in Cataclysm. As a result, bonus Armor will go down slightly overall. We are also changing the mitigation difference among armor types so that plate doesn't offer so much more protection than mail, leather, and cloth.

Resilience - This will only affect damage done by players and critical damage done by players. It will not impact crit chance, mana drains, or other such effects.

Strength, Agility, Hit Rating, Expertise, and Critical Strike Rating - These will all still appear on gear as well. Aside from situations mentioned elsewhere in this list, in general these will function similarly to how they do now, though the details -- such as how much Hit Rating you might need to effectively combat high-level creatures (more on this below) -- are likely to change.

Being Removed from Items

Attack Power - This stat will no longer be present on most items as a flat value, though it will still show up on some process. Strength and Agility, which will be present on items, will grant the appropriate amount of Attack Power (generally 2 Attack Power per point of Strength or Agility) depending upon which stat a particular class favors. Agility may provide less Crit than it currently does.

Spell Power - Spell Power is another stat that you'll no longer see present on most items. Instead, as mentioned above, Intellect will grant Spell Power. One exception is that caster weapons will still have Spell Power. This allows us to make weapons proportionately more powerful for casters in the same way they are for melee classes.

Armor Penetration - This stat will no longer be present on items. Armor Penetration will still exist in talents and abilities.

Shield Block Value - This stat will no longer be present on items, since the amount blocked is always proportional to the amount of damage done. Talents and other effects might still modify the damage-reduction percentage from 30%, however.

Going Away Completely

MP5 - This stat will be removed from the game completely. Holy paladins and Restoration shaman will be redesigned to benefit from Spirit.

Defense - Defense is being removed from the game entirely. Tanking classes should expect to become uncrittable versus creatures just by shifting into Defensive Stance, Frost Presence, Bear Form, or by using Righteous Fury.

Spell Ranks - Spell ranks will cease to exist. All spells will have one rank and will scale appropriately with level. The levels at which you can learn certain spells are being changed in order to fill in some of the gaps, and we will be introducing some new spells to learn along the way as well.

Weapon Skill - This stat will be removed from the game completely. Classes will start with all the weapon skills they need to know and will not need to improve them.

What Else You Should Know

Combat ratings - All ratings will be much harder to "cap out" at maximum gear levels. Ratings will be steeper in Cataclysm, and creatures in later tiers of content will be harder to hit or crit, similar to how level-83 mobs are harder to hit or crit than level-80 mobs.

Reforging - While these changes will go a long way to making a wider variety of stats more attractive, we understand that sometimes you simply don't want more Hit Rating on your gear or you'd rather have more Haste than more Crit. In Cataclysm, we are going to give players a way to replace stats on gear as part of the existing profession system. As a general rule of thumb, you'll be able to convert one stat to 50% of another stat. While some conversions (like converting Stamina to Strength) won't be permitted, the goal is to let you customize your gear more.

Gems - We are changing the gem colors of a few stats as a result of these adjustments. For example, Hit is likely to be blue instead of yellow. We'll have more details on this in the future.

Changes to Existing Gear

As with previous expansions, we plan to roll out these changes and modify all existing gear shortly before Cataclysm launches, though it's still too early to say exactly when. For the most part, the gear you have will still be good for you, though there will be exceptions, such as warriors using leather and mail armor.

If you are a tank (druids excepted), expect to see:

No more Defense on gear. Existing Defense becomes Dodge, Parry, or Block Rating.
No more Block Value on gear. Existing Block Value becomes Block Rating.
You'll have as much Stamina as you're used to, though you may notice your tanking plate has a bit less Stamina than a comparable piece of DPS plate, since we tend to take the gem budget out of your most attractive stat.
Bonus Armor on gear will go down slightly.

If you are a melee DPS class, druid tank, or hunter, expect to see:
A lot more Stamina. Bear-form Stamina scaling will be lowered as a result.
Strength if you wear plate. Agility if you wear mail or leather.
Existing Attack Power becomes Agility and Stamina.Armor Penetration becomes Haste or Crit.
No Intellect on melee gear. Hunters won't need Intellect since they will no longer use mana. Shaman and Retribution paladins will get mana and spell damage in other ways.

If you are a DPS caster, expect to see:
A lot more Stamina.
All of your Spell Power converted to Intellect and Stamina.
No Spirit. You won't miss Spirit, though, because you won't need it for DPS or mana regen.

If you are a healer, expect to see:
A lot more Stamina.
All of your Spell Power converted to Intellect and Stamina.
Spirit instead of MP5. You'll probably be happy with Spirit, though, because mana regen is going to matter more than it does currently. Healing paladins and shaman will benefit more from Spirit than they do currently.

If you are a Balance druid or Elemental shaman:
You will still share gear with Restoration druids and shaman.
Your gear will have Spirit on it. It won't have Hit on it.
You will have a talent that converts Spirit to Hit. We will adjust talents accordingly so that you want about as much Spirit as, say, a warlock wants Hit.
Hit on rings and other such gear will still benefit you.
Raid buffs will no longer boost Spirit, so you shouldn't find yourself unexpectedly over the Hit cap because of buffs.

Many lower-level items with nonsensical combinations of stats, such as Agility and Spirit, will be changed. We're also updating quest rewards, trade skills, and loot drops to support better itemization for class builds that weren't widely available or used prior to The Burning Crusade (such as Balance druids).

We're aware this is a lot of information to take in, but this is still only a piece of the larger picture, and many of these changes rely on integration with other systems we haven't yet discussed in detail. In the weeks and months ahead, we'll continue to tell you more about these changes, along with all of the new and exciting features we have planned for Cataclysm.
Heyro
Administrator
Administrator

Glasses : 35059
Standing : 394

http://www.deezer.com/profile/750437615

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonfaxx on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 5:04 am

Muahaha... Excellent... It's all coming together... (The release of Cataclysm information... woot!)
Moonfaxx

Glasses : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Armageddon on Tue 16 Mar 2010, 5:06 am

No more weapon skill? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Armageddon

Glasses : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top