possible ways to RP a warrior

View previous topic View next topic Go down

possible ways to RP a warrior

Post by Heyro on Mon 22 Feb 2010, 6:42 pm

ok people this is a guide with tips on how to RP a warrior, none of these are specific to a race or a gender, these are generalised tips, how you make your warrior RP altogether is up to you, anyway moving on:
Personality:
Warriors are a very diverse class which means that a lot of room for customization is available, however most warriors will be bound by an unshakable Code of Honour, they believe that whether or not you truly "win" is based on how honourable you fight, they will despise people who fight dirty so they will be biased against rogues and such, some warrior races will delight in melee combat, many will be in the Inns talking about their "great victories" over their foes, and while they will be honour bound, many are face first into the ale and chatting up the opposite gender in the Inns whenever the mood suits them, many will have a dominant and outgoing personality, some will be brash or arrogant, others will not go near an Inn and spend their time being more chivalrous than even the most holy of Paladins, these types of Warrior may be the strong silent type, others may be brooding and intimidating, some will be hugely aggressive, their anger being taken out in combat. Others will despise magic, seeing it as an "unhonourable" way to fight

Appearance:
When it comes to a warrior's appearance there are two main types who are on the opposite ends of the appearance spectrum so to speak, there will be the kind that is bred and conditioned so he will look neat and tidy, short hair cuts, modest looks. The other kind is the wild, confident kind that doesn't hold allegiance to any one person, for these people you need long hair cuts, Human males with Foxtail haircuts work brilliantly for that, their looks will be wild and outgoing to match their personality, most warriors will find some personality between these two but always leaning towards one in particular when it comes to RPing scars warriors are the best, they have been up close to their foes in many battles so they will most likely get scars, the trick is to not make a huge one, a small one on your face works well usually, the best way to RP a huge scar if you must is that it was given to you when you were very young, some person, usually drunken parents gave it to you with a blade and you hate that person because of it etc etc

RP Gear:
This is very important, when a warrior does not wear his armour he will wear basic clothes, trousers and shirts, Recruit's Boots work well in this manner, also Warriors never leave themselves open so a shortsword or a dagger on your side will really add to the idea that you feel uneasy without your armour on, definite things to avoid are really feminine clothes and dresses in particular, these people live hard lives and have no time for being soft because they never know when they might get called into battle again suddenly. Most warriors won’t wear any head items in RP gear as they prefer to be out of the claustrophobic helmets they wear in battle, another thing they will hate is formal outfits, they will want to be easygoing with what they wear, what you should do is decide what kind of warrior they are when not fighting and decide a look from there.

That’s all I can do right now I’ll update it when I have more time and more ideas come to mind, any good ideas posted by anyone here i'll add
Heyro
Administrator
Administrator

Glasses : 35059
Standing : 394

http://www.deezer.com/profile/750437615

Back to top Go down

Re: possible ways to RP a warrior

Post by Гость on Mon 22 Feb 2010, 8:09 pm

Interesting guide, but I can’t say I agree with most of it. The main draw for warriors for many people is their incredible diversity, as they have no overall stereotype linking the class (i.e. warlocks: evil bastards, rogues: sneaky bastards, priests: holier-than-thou etc etc). Warriors can be honourable, brash and womanizing (mutally exclusive?) true, but they can also be low life mercenaries akin to the assassin style rogue, quiet veteran soldiers, farm boys wet behind the ears or just about anything. Hence, it is impossible to say “how” they will act.

With regards to looks, again, the warrior is way too diverse to be pigeonholed into two specific categories. I personally do not believe in making someones base genetic looks reflect their inner personality (expression, general appearance: rumpled, neat etc being different) as it seems somewhat of an easy way out to getting their personality across, but that’s just a general opinion. Also, I would not recommend a dramatic scar caused by evil guardians or whatever, even if you would. It’s simply been done to death.

Overall, you seem to be giving people advice on how to play one specific character, your own. Theres nothing wrong with the way you like to play a class, play it that way sure, but that doesn’t mean its necessary for others to play it in the same way.
Гость

Back to top Go down

Post by Janneel's on Wed 28 Jul 2010, 11:41 am

So far, I'm liking this guide, explaining the types of mages. I'd have loved it if you'd explain more about a mage's typical behavior, and possibly some ideas for backgrounds. Apart from that, it's a pretty nice list.
Janneel's

Glasses : 16
Standing : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top