Community Site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Community Site

Post by sciss on Thu 17 Feb 2011, 9:29 am

See how the city of the Forsaken has changed in Cataclysm.
Standing so that you’re looking up the walkway leading to the entrance to the Undercity, better known as the Ruins of Lordaeron, it appears that not much has changed. Flags bearing the Forsaken banner still line the road, and despite some brightening thanks to the changed environment of Tirisfal Glades, the Undercity looks as gloomy and forlorn as ever. On a second glance, however, one will notice that there are some new towers peaking over the top of Undercity’s walls, perhaps promising changes on the interior instead.

Moving through the entrance tunnel into the Ruins of Lordaeron proper the first thing that caught my eye is the myriad of towers dotting the horizon just beyond courtyard leading deeper into the city have been removed, the dome that was once in the background is pushed forward and the walls on the opposite side of the courtyard are now sporting small towers.

The side walls and stairs of the courtyard have also changed although what change has specifically been made is hard to put your finger on. While there are new towers rising beyond the walls, the sides themselves seem brighter somehow, pushed forward and less easily ignored. However, looking just a bit closer players will discover to their glee that both, not just one, of doorways on either side of the courtyard are now thrown wide open.

The doorway on the right side of the courtyard leads to, as it always has, an Orb of Translocation, which leads to Silvermoon City. Nothing else appears to have changed in this area.

With this I moved back outside and resigned myself to the fact that in order to get a glimpse of the rest of the ruins I would have to make use of the ability to fly. Just beyond the walls of the courtyard players will find the remains of Lordaeron, a once proud city, now an eerie reminder of days of old.

Despite the ruined state of the buildings players can get a feel of the majesty that was once Lordaeron. However, you are never able to forget the tragedy that took place here, as blood still stains the ground and the statues, once great works of art, have all been beheaded in a very telling form of vandalism.

the crowded Undercity. While there are currently no Forsaken at this small encampment, we can only assume that eventually they will appear.

This concludes our tour of Undercity, to share your opinion on the changes found here join us on our forums!
sciss

Glasses : 13
Standing : 3

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top